Abstract due date: now extended till 20 February 2017Submissions for Showcase presentations can be on any aspect of the conference theme or sub-themes. Showcase presentations should be evidence-based and not only outline the initiative or practice being showcased but, equally, provide clear evidence of its effectiveness. Quantitative and qualitative evidence of effectiveness are equally acceptable.
An abstract (maximum 400 words) must be submitted for review. The abstract should be submitted as a word document using the Abstract for Review Template and NOT contain any information that might identify the author/s in the abstract or in the saved file name. The abstract should include the title and describe:
- The initiative/practice
- Method(s) of evaluative data collection and analysis
- Evidence of outcomes and effectiveness
- Relevance to the conference theme and selected sub-theme
Abstracts for showcase presentations will be reviewed against the following criteria.
- Relevance to the conference theme and sub-theme
- Description of the initiative or practice
- Evidence of effectiveness of the initiative or practice (NB as this is described as crucial in first paragraph of the webpage)
- Contribution to scholarship and/or practice
- Clarity and standard of writing
Please note that presentations accepted in this category are NOT considered refereed papers. Accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website.
How to submit your final abstract accepted for presentation
If your abstract is accepted for presentation, you need to resubmit the abstract after editing for reviewer comments and adding any identifying information that was excluded from the version submitted for review including author name/s and institutional affiliation.
Where revisions and/or corrections to formatting are required, authors will need to complete these within the time allocated and in compliance with the guidelines or they will not be accepted.
- Key Dates
- Call for Proposals Open 12 September 2016
- Registration Opens 19 September 2016
- Call for Refereed Paper Abstracts Closes 23 October 2016
- Notification of Acceptance for Refereed Paper Abstracts 15 November 2016
- Full Paper from Accepted Abstracts Due 6 February 2017
- All Other Submission Types Due 20 February 2017
- Notification of Acceptance for All Other Submission Types 3 April 2017
- Early Bird Registration Closes 28 April 2017
- Pre-Conference Workshops 27 June 2017
- HERDSA 2017 Conference 28 – 30 June 2017